Posted On: Tue 30-Jun 2020
By: Tina WalkerCorona Virus Update 30/6/2020
We held a meeting last night to try to sort out a plan for trying to return to some new sort of normal. This was tricky and we agreed to try to ask you all for your inputs too. So as a result we have a survey for you to complete. It will take you a very short time to complete (4 mins if the tool is to be believed).
Take the Survey
Posted On: Sun 21-Jun 2020
By: Tina WalkerCorona Virus update 21 June
The government guideline are changing rapidly, we hope to be able to organise our popular club rides soon.
We are planning a committee meeting in the next few days and will update on here and on Facebook as soon as we have a plan to restart.
Posted On: Wed 10-Jun 2020
By: Penny Schenkel Bike Week Distance Challenge
Bike Week starts on Saturday 8thJune. It may be virtual but Cycling UK Stevenage are organising lots for you to do including a challenge for you to ride your bike every day and let's see how far we can get.
You tell us you've cycled each day and how far you went. We add up everyone's distances and see where we are.
For example the furthest we think we can get without getting our feet wet is John O'Groats which is not far off 1,000 kilometres (1004) from Stevenage. Can we get there and back between us? Or further?
Alternatively Edinburgh is 588 kilometres and Stevenage's twin towns are Ingelheim (775); Autun (802); Shimkent (6187) and Kadoma (12285).
Or if enough take part we could even make Christchurch, a mere 11,763 kilometres.
A few little rules:
* Ride a bicycle (or pedal powered tricycle).
* Your ride (start, finish or pass through must include the Borough of Stevenage).
* Only rides of 5 kilometres and above will be registered. That does include, say, a journey to work, school or college of 2.5 kilometres and coming back again i.e. a day totalling 5 kilometres.
* Please send a message reporting your ride by 10a.m. the day after your ride.
* You don't have to ride every day. They will all count.
* Please tell us who you are; how far you cycled on which day starting on Saturday 6th June and finishing on Sunday 14th June (the launch of the virtual Stevenage Day); where you went. You are very welcome to post selfies; landmarks; maps of your route in messenger or the Cycling UK Stevenage Facebook page but you don't have to.
* You don't have to be a member of Cycling UK though it would be great to see you in the future.
Posted On: Sat 06-Jun 2020
By: Penny Schenkel Bike Week has started!
Bike week has started and we'd love to share your pictures of your rides and bike related activities. Send pictures to Tina@stevenagectc.org.uk and we will add them to a special Bike Week album to show everyone how awesome it is to ride your bike.
Posted On: Mon 01-Jun 2020
By: Tina WalkerBike Week 2020 Starts on Saturday 6 June
We are building a program of virtual "events" for you to ride.
First up is our ever popular Teddy Bears Picnic ride. The video is available now from the YouTube links in the news item below.
Coming soon we will have our Cycling Treasure Hunt watch out for posts on here and Facebook. There might even be small prizes!!